Thursday, April 27, 2006

Would you like that in in dollars or euros, Sir?



Just so you knew:
In January, Exxon posted the highest quarterly and annual profits of any U.S. company in history:

$10.71 billion


for the fourth quarter of 2005 and $36.13 billion for the full year.


And I just posted this below (A Drop in the Tank? A Drop in the Bucket? Or a Drop in the Polls? You Decide.):
Greenstein said Republican leaders would likely start negotiations with the Medicaid and SCHIP cuts approved by the House -- between $14.9 billion and $20 billion over five years.... (emphasis added)
Doesn't seem right, does it?

2 comments:

markfromireland said...

One of my commenters (he's a bright chap served with me*)this from Washington Post: Projected Iraq War Costs Soar
Total Spending Is Likely to More Than Double, Analysis Finds


* Of course that could mean we're both thick eedjits as they say in all the best exam papers:

"State the alternative preferred - give a reason for your choice."

:-) Take care Doc may I steal the photo of the two fat guys?

Dr. C said...

Of course, MFI. I'd comment on your posts but I am too embarrassed that I'm an American.