Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fair is Fair

Vatican enters Muslim veil debate
By David Willey
BBC News, Rome

Italy has a law against wearing masks in public
A senior Vatican cardinal has expressed concern over the use of some Muslim veils by Islamic immigrants in Europe.
................
"It seems elementary to me and it is quite right that the authorities demand it," said Cardinal Martino, who heads the Vatican department dealing with migration issues.

That is, when in Rome, do as the Romans do and when in Baghdad:

2 comments:

markfromireland said...

No one can weat a mask for very long - at the risk of blog you know whatting. You've probably noticed a change over at my place doc. For the next few weeks I'll be taking a back seat to the Iraqi contingent who now that they've completed the training course in web authoring that I and others, mostly others, have been giving them want to try out their skills. Before we move to the new place. I'll keep you posted.

mfi

Dr. C said...

MFI,
I noticed that Ali was the webmaster. It is very, very hard to respond to him because he is so spot on and it hurts. Every day it seems like things get worse. We are all coming off our little high after the elections. There is a good chance nothing will change. I just hope this isn't the case. I hope your Iraqi friends keep blogging.