Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Its about Credibility, Mr. Bush


Long ago we had this:
Mr. Bush said in June 2004 that he would fire anyone in his administration shown to have leaked information that exposed the identity of Plame, the wife of former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, an outspoken critic of the president's Iraq policy. (emphasis added)
Even earlier we had this:
McClellan at a September 29, 2003, press briefing:

McCLELLAN: The president has set high standards, the highest of standards for people in his administration. He's made it very clear to people in his administration that he expects them to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. If anyone in this administration was involved in it [the leaking of Plame's identity], they would no longer be in this administration. (emphasis added)
So, Mr. President, what about Karl Rove? And don't say it is an ongoing investigation, because, according to Rove's lawyer, he is off the hook.

We're waiting......and waiting.....and waiting.

Oops, its November, 2008.

2 comments:

markfromireland said...

I wonder how many gold bars Luskin got paid for making that statement. Would you care to speculate?

If you do care to speculate it might be best if you did so bearing in mind that "high profile Washington lawyer" means (in proper English like what people like you and me talk) "Liar for hire"

Being selfish about it. Somebody'd better sodding well get indicted soon I spent damn well ages getting a whole heap of graphics ready for the occasion and I'll be seriously ticked off if I don't get a chance to use 'em.

Dr. C said...

You betcha. It spoiled my day. Nay, my week, my year, my century!