Thursday, November 10, 2005

White Phosphorus

The United States used white phosphorus in Fallujah last year. This is now well documented by Hunter at Kos. He also directs us to this slide show:
http://www.rainews24.rai.it/ran24/inchiesta/slideshow.asp?gallery=1
(click "successiva" on the right; if you view this slide show, please have an emesis basin available)

These are not soldiers. In fact, at least one of them is a child.

White Phosphorus Melts the Skin off of Children

As Hunter points out
:....there are very good reasons, even in a time of war, not to melt the skin off of children.

First, because the insurgency will inevitably be hardened by tales of American forces melting the skin off of children.

Second, because the civilian population will harbor considerable resentment towards Americans for melting the skin off of their children.

Third, BECAUSE IT FUCKING MELTS THE SKIN OFF OF CHILDREN.
There is nothing more to say. There is nothing more to discuss.

2 comments:

Redjalapeno said...

My friend Thomas mentioned this substance to me about an hour ago, asked if I had heard about it and I said no.

Good work Doc, try to keep your cool though. I know it's hard when it comes to seeing children being harmed. You are not alone in being angry and disheartened and that's no comfort I know.

You're right, there's nothing more to say.

Dr. C said...

Thanks RJ. I do tend to lose my cool. Gets me in a heap of trouble, sometimes.