Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Apology

Apparently Colin Powell isn't as implicit as I had suggested, though I still think he holds a lot of responsibility for where we are:
The torture ban has the support of General Colin Powell and an array of other retired generals and admirals. But Vice President Dick Cheney is still lobbying so hard against the ban that the Washington Post nicknamed him "Vice President for Torture." It'll all come down to one vote in the House of Representatives this week.

3 comments:

not in use said...

I am sure I must have missed something along the way, because beyond the collective responsibilty thing, I actually think that Colin Powell comes out of this business looking remarkably reasonable sane .. I even admire him. Maybe that is a European thing.

Dr. C said...

He did give the definitive exposition of the Bush War drive before the UN. But then, I think he has tried to distance himself from all this as much as a former secretary of State can.

He is still admired here, also.

not in use said...

Certainly, without Colin Powell there would have been no coalition, but I genuinely think he was conned, used and shat upon as much as anyone.