Thursday, May 12, 2005

Our Dear Pope

From the Daily Star (via Mark From Ireland):
Benedict XVI urges new diplomatic ties with Vatican

Blah, blah, blah.....
(snip)
Recalling his experience as a youth in Nazi Germany, he said, "I come from a country where peace and brotherhood are dear to the hearts of all the inhabitants, particularly those who, like me, have known the war and the separation among brothers belonging to the same nation because of devastating and inhuman ideological reasons.
Excuse me but: (a) This man was in the Hitler Youth when he was young and (b) Nazi Germany at that time acted without any consideration for anything except raw, unadulterated power. They were responsible for the death of at least 6 million Jews, Gypsies and other ethnic minorities plus maybe 20 million on their ill fated invasion of Russia.

Where does this guy get off, anyway. How about a big APOLOGY!

1 comment:

Redjalapeno said...

From Hitler Youth to Pope, not much of a leap in my opinion. Religion is a sore spot with me, so to speak. I'm working on a lenghty diatribe about it and will post it when/if I ever finish/get around to it.

Post is up about the stimuli question, have at it.