Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Observers





I live in a village, really. I've been hearing these guy's mom (or dad) making awful sounds at night for years. The other day I saw her (or him) out in broad daylight. A little brazen you might think. These two guys just sat there in the gloaming and stared. I guess that's what owls do. (Why it was the Owl Cafe in Alamagordo, I don't know. That's when Opie juiced the big one).

[Apology for the quality of the shots. Had to squeeze them off across a fence. The flash went off too, but they didn't blink! (heh, heh)]

4 comments:

Redjalapeno said...

That's a great shot. Two fledgling owls, pretty nice!

Felix Grant said...

So now you're in for three times the awful noise! :-)

Very nice.

Julie Heyward said...

Beautiful! I hope you checked the ground for owl pellets. They are at least as interesting as hyenas'. (more)

Dr. C said...

I haven't seen any owl pellets around, but out in the country I guess they are pretty common. On the other hand, I always wanted to be a raptor, but I didn't have the stomach for it.