Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Tell Me I'm Seeing Double

I'm going to see the Last Star Wars Flick tonight. Wish me luck! But I couldn't resist the following. Liberal Avenger put me on to Digital Prayer Wheels. This, in itself, is cool. But even more interesting is:
Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying the mantra (prayer) Om Mani Padme Hum, invites the blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion.(emphasis added)
Now where, oh where did I hear that name before. Oops, right here:
Born Padmé Naberrie, Queen Amidala was the formal name of the royal leader of Naboo. As a child, Amidala was prodigiously talented and extremely well educated. She had long been interested in public service, volunteering in the Refugee Relief Movement in her youth. Her efforts helped in the Shadda-Bi-Boran exodus. At the age of eight, she joined the Apprentice Legislature and became an Apprentice Legislator at age 11. By 14, she was elected Queen of Naboo.
How cool can you get. A Star Wars Queen linked to a Buddhist prayer wheel.

I wonder who thought up the Star Wars names? Lucas?

No comments: