Saturday, August 12, 2006

Responsibility


I hold George W. Bush, Condoleezza Rice, and all of this current administration personally responsible for the death, destruction and carnage that has been visited on the innocent people of Lebanon. They should be tried for War Crimes. And, because I am an American citizen, I share in that responsibility. I would include Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and his government and military, especially, the Israeli Air Force, in this condemnation but, at this point, I do not consider them human beings. They have forfeited their right to be included in humanity. They are some species of barbarian with an ethos I find almost totally repugnant since it strikes at the heart of what I feel is important, the equality of all.

The invasion of Lebanon and the almost total destruction of its vital infrastructure (including a power plant near Tyre that supplies the local hospital) is so far beyond the bounds of decency that one wonders if Israel will ever be accepted amongst nations again. I predict that Israel will become a pariah and that, if the people of America can change administrations, cast off from its rapacious dependency on our Treasury. This will be in spite of the clamor from the Israeli lobby that this is anti-Semitic. Let me once again refresh their memory. Lebanon is a land of Semites. Ironic if not tragic.

Let Israel become a Bantustan. Do not starve it or deny it the basic comforts, things they did not do for the Lebanese. But, it will never flourish after this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So well said, Doc