Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In any sane world:

Somewhere near London

What are we to make of this?
Former Majority Leader Tom DeLay, who resigned under indictment on campaign finance-related charges in Texas, also has grown dissatisfied with the president's stewardship of the conservative movement. DeLay told Goldberg that in coming years, when he is not fighting the Texas indictment, he plans to build a conservative grass-roots movement to rival MoveOn.org, insisting that divine inspiration brought him to that quest.

"God has spoken to me," DeLay said. "I listen to God, and what I've heard is that I'm supposed to devote myself to rebuilding the conservative base of the Republican Party. (emphasis added)
What are we to make of a former Speaker of the House saying that he hears voices? And he's not being funny.

In any sane world we would reserve a bed for him in Bedlam.

No comments: