Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Tom DeLay

From the NYT (via Atrios):
WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr. DeLay's political action and campaign committees, according to a detailed review of disclosure statements filed with the Federal Election Commission and separate fund-raising records in Mr. DeLay's home state of Texas.
And then there's this gem:
"Mrs. DeLay provides big picture, long-term strategic guidance and helps with personnel decisions. Ms. Ferro is a skilled and experienced professional event planner who assists Armpac in arranging and organizing individual events."
I'd like to give Mr. Delay the big picture and some guidance. As for personnel decisions, see my last post. and, of course, I'd do it for a lot less than $500,000. Maybe $499,999.

Try as I might, I can't come up with a good nick-name. (I probably need W's help.)

Tom DeLousy?
Tom DeLouche?
Tom DeDisser?
Tom DeDope?

Mirriam Webster gives me:
offensive, disgusting, foul, loathsome, nasty, noisome, repellent, repugnant, revolting, vile

Tom DisGusting?
Tom DeFoul?
Tom DeNasty?
Tom DeVolting?
Tom DeVile?

Tom DeParted is probably the best.

[Atrios has a lot more.]

No comments: