I usually don't make New Year's Resolutions because they don't last but a week. I will try harder this year:
1. Don't blog about Iraq every day. Anything I say has been said by much greater minds and in much better prose. Furthermore, anything I say doesn't change the powers that be one iota.
2. Lose weight.
3. Write more poetry (the dry grizzle of rust is causing the words to grind.)
4. Lose weight.
5. Consider supporting John Edwards for Presidency. At least get on his current program at http://johnedwards.com/splash/:
We all must take responsibility and take action now to:He may be a malpractice lawyer at heart, but the above sort of summarizes the way I look at things (if you include getting the hell out of Iraq as providing moral leadership).Provide moral leadership in the world
Strengthen our middle class and end poverty
Guarantee universal health care for every American
Lead the fight against global warming
Get America and other countries off our addiction to oil
6. Lose weight
7. Work on mathematics. Work on science.
8. Lose weight.
9. Do more NYT crossword puzzles (keeps the mind spry)
10. Lose weight.
And this is what my friend thinks about it: